Friday, May 29, 2009

Romans 12

"Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it's important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him. "
-Romans 12:3

It struck me that learning to understand God more is actually a process of learning to understand myself more, since I am made from His image.

I do not add anything to God with my worship, praying or even helping others. Through all these though, I will learn more about myself.

I must say, I haven't really been reading my bible for some time. Maybe it's time to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.