Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jumpstart Operation I.J.


I decided to go try out the EnergyOne Gym at Yishun SAFRA Country Club after a few days of trepidation. After all, it was a new environment which I knew nothing about. I didn't even know where it was even though I have been to SAFRA so many times! In my mind's eye, I was imagining personal trainers leering at me, observing my every move, just waiting for me to bungle up.

The fact was, it was surprisingly empty. And a little bit high on the Yang, if you get what I mean. If there's anything worse than a crowded gym with people staring angrily at you, it would be a desolate gym with men leering at you with thoughful eyes. -shivers-

I must say I was impressed with the locker room and showers though. I didn't have to bring a towel, and there was the soap/shampoo available right there.

Another plus was the fact that the receptionist girl looked quite cute with her geeky spectacles and pony tail. Just the type I like. Hahas.

Anyways! All this was an effort to jumpstart my dying engine. The momentum I built the past few weeks was more or less killed by my birthday week of expensive dinners, and the fact that they shut down kayaking water training. Now I can run only 4.2 km in 30 minutes, do only 6 chin-ups, and almost died in the gym doing chest presses.

So right here, I shall commence Operation I.J.! It stands for Increase Joy. Because Enqing said that exercise shouldn't be all about losing weight right? So here's the new philosophy: I exercise for endorphins! Hahas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.