Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Inertia.

I have come to realise through personal experience that the less you do something, the more you irk doing it.

Take for example the slight hiatus from exercise last week. I figured I would bounce right back into running, gymming and swimming, but I had a really hard time convincing myself that I needed the exercise last night. All I wanted to do was to get more income from le Pad in Restaurant City and catch more mice with my brand new Ambush Trap. I was supposed to be running for 30 minutes. Right now, I am thinking of how dreadful it would feel to swim 50 laps later =/ Yet I know I would probably feel better once I get into the pool =D

The same principle applys for my Bible reading. Once upon a time, I was reading every day on the MRT. Right now, I'd much rather dig my head into Laughing Proudly Throughout the Pugilistic World to find out how Linghu Chong escapes the next death trap. Do I need to mention piano practice to prove my point?

The panacea, of course, is sheer discipline. Get back into doing whatever you were doing. Will yourself to get your butt off that chair and start tying your shoelaces. Perhaps all I need is to quit my job.. Hahas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.