Saturday, January 27, 2007

Reprieve

Ahh... First book-out from NS!!

The first two weeks were tolerable. We chionged live range and completed it, basically. Now I can shoot a rifle! And I was only 3 misses away from a marksman. Haix.

It's definitely a new experience for me. You get to see a lot of different people in BMT, and then you find that there are certain people out there that rub you the wrong way.

For people like me who are not very good conversationalists, we tend to lose out. The sergeants are more biased towards those people who have something to show.. that's only natural, I guess..

I keep catching myself thinking that I can do certain things too, but I realise that I don't really show what I can do ba. Military life is all about showmanship, at least from what I see now.

But the benefit of having a low profile is of course, you get arrowed less. Hahas. So far there haven't been any jerks in my platoon, only a psychotic person who was diagnosed with short term memory. I'm glad he wasn't there in the live range with us! Who knows who he would kill with NDs?

Other than the people, I guess regimented life is quite a culture shock to me as well.

It's just really troublesome to have to greet all the sergeants, do drill all the time, don't say "har?". It's just the weird culture of army to point out your mistakes and screw you even if you did nothing wrong, I guess. And next week, it's gonna get worse because the so-called "adjustment period" is over.

Well.. I just hope things turn out for the better. And in the meantime, I really missed a lot of people in NS. Thank God for putting Enqing and Liansheng in the same coy as me to talk cock sometimes. Hahas..

I must try to be less insecure lar! If not really cannot survive this. I really hope to get into OCS.. but... I don't know. Hope for the best ba!!!

Okae. Stop crapping le. See you in 2 weeks again........ Field camp week, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.