Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Done and over with.

This is frustrating. I just had to force quit Firefox because of a stupid attachment. ARGH. I've lost my entry now. Ahhhhhh..

I was saying:

The workers were taking down the Christmas/New Year decorations in Orchard when I was passing by Meritus Mandarin. The new year is no longer novelty! We are nine days in it, and there's only 4 days left before I sail to the isle of Tekong.

There was supposed to be a sisters gathering today. Huimin, Jamie and I. Yes, I am a sister. Damn. I don't like it either. But a Loser can only make do with being a sister.

As fate would have it, Huimin had to come down with a fever. I don't really know if it's the truth anymore. There had been too many coincidences on days when we have outings to suggest that maybe she just didn't want to trouble herself by coming out. I will give her the benefit of the doubt, though.

We were supposed to eat dim sum and take neoprints. Well, on the brighter side of things, we did manage to eat the dim sum. I thought it would be weird if it were just Jamie and I (which I was totally correct in, of course. We didn't really talk at all at Coffee Bean), so I called Alicia along. Thank God that she had an interview in Ngee Ann City and it was totally convenient for her. Turns out she was going for an interview at Kallang and had another, you see.

The flip side of this was that eating dim sum was all we did. No neoprints. Haix. I was so looking forward to it. A final memory for me to take away. It had to be Jamie meeting her friend as I left alone to look for things to do. That's one bad point about going out with Jamie, actually. She always had somewhere else to go.

I spent the next hour reading a guide to Cycling in Kinokuniya.

That's free knowledge! I was always interested in upgrading my bicycle from the small stunt bike I have, or to learn how to do some basic repair, and well, I learnt that today! Turns out that there's more to cycling than take a bike and ride. I was ignorant, I guess.

After everyone refused to DotA because Enqing couldn't make it, and I ran out of things to do after finishing the November issue of Men's Health, I decided to watch a movie alone.

That was only the 2nd time I watched a movie alone. What a movie!

I went in feeling terribly alone. The seat I occupied was a lover's seat because someone took away the armrest on my left side. That coupled with the rain outside and my very single marital status came together to leave me feeling horribly desperate. The lesbian pair in front of me didn't help.

I left the cinema looking at the world with new eyes. It was as if everything became sharper and my field of vision had extra vigour and colour. What a movie!

I am quite surprised that it never made blockbuster status, or I never heard of it until I stepped into Cineleisure and looked at the movie listings.

It wasn't a comedy as I expected when I saw Will Ferrell of Anchorman fame.

It was more of a tragi-comedy. Very meaningful meaningless stuff. Great emo fodder =) Hearty and wholesome, I say. Movie review coming up!

Watching a movie by myself wasn't as bad as I thought. In fact it felt great having no one doing comments in the movie, and I really could feel the full impact on myself instead of being conscious of others around me. I shall do it again!

Hmm.. and that ends the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.