Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!

It's a joyous occasion, because I finally have access to the new blogger! Look forward to a new layout because I think I've used this for too long a time. Hopefully I can find nice photos to decorate it!

My last day of 2006 was spent counting down with CCC and listening to the wonderful testimonies of the church members. God has really been good to me this year. From the bottom of my heart, I really want to thank CCC for being so real, and so kind, and really being a community that follows Kingdom culture.

Special thanks goes out to Uncle Simon, Auntie Hwee Kiaw, Chee Keen, Hsia Pin and Eunice. I don't think I would have felt as comfortable in church if not for them. Then there's David, who's always so friendly, and the youth! I actually feel guilty for being so inactive in church. Hmm.. Maybe it's time I should step up to some kind of plate.

The past year was a busy one, with A levels and all. I really thank God for all the friends I have made, and all the life lessons I've taken with me. God taught me to see things, and especially relationships with a light heart, and not to expect too much. Also, God showed to me that I really do have some gifts, and I should not be so low on self-esteem.

Strangely, according to Hsia Pin, I don't show my low confidence. I have no idea how I look to others, really, except that this girl in the Thailand tour said that I looked 24. HMMM...

I also thank God for the rest, so that I realise that busyness is a good thing too, and school is actually more fun than sticking around at home or in town.

On the whole, I think really grew quite old this year. Hope it doesn't show! Hahas.. Interestingly, Angeline was sharing that God had white hair and all, and old age is not a negative thing in heaven, but revered as wisdom incarnate. Hmm. Perhaps I am too young to be wise. =P

Okae, I shan't say very much. My New Year Resolution is to be a good soldier!!!

Have a merry merry new year, and may all your aspirations come true with your hard work =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.