Sunday, July 30, 2006

Whoosh!

Isn't it amazing how time flies past like a supersonic aircraft in stealth-mode in weekends?

I seem to have the habit of making megaposts or multiple posts during weekends because it's easier to blog than to study.

But wow! I really did nothing this weekend. Unless you consider trying to do question 3 of Sampling Distribution for 2 days something. Frightening. Prelims are just 5 weeks away...

Anyway, I've been in sort of a down mood lately. I wonder if it's the spiritual attack I hear Ms Pan and Chow speak of. Yeah.. they sort of like to talk of the idea of being spiritually attacked.

I get it though.. There are times when I finally settle down and decide to go all out for God, and temptations come. Old habits kick it, and I won't seem to be able to control myself. Like I would involuntarily say f**k, or think bad things of others I would have never thought of before. Then comes the perfunctory "you are a bad bad person". And I can never figure out why God is so good that He forgives before you sin. Such that there's no excuse for me to sin, and at the same time, no condemnation when I do sin.

But I believe God is working in my life, molding me for something. I've been recently convicted of speaking without thinking, and often saying bad things about others without caring for their feelings. So that's slowly changing.. I'd like to think that I am more sensitive when I speak now..

Church service today was particularly touching. I could feel the Spirit touch me during worship, and for the first time, feel a strong stirring in my heart that I used to feel in KKMC.

The words from Elder Angeline was apt too. Keeping faith. She spoke of how God is faithful even when we are faithless, and how we too should keep faith to our promises, our covenant with God, the church, and to marriage. Keeping faith because we are made to keep faith, because God is so good.

I guess the most interesting thing of the sermon was finding out that God did say "I hate divorce" in Malachi 2:10. The world today is so geared towards personal gratification, instant satisfaction, that divorce rates have never been higher. It's good to know that in this Good Book, God tells us how to live life the right way.

We were also reminded, or warned, not to marry non-Christians. Hmm. I never really agreed with this, because I always thought that love overcomes all. Well, now I know I've got it wrong. Because God is Love, and He makes all things possible. And nothing would go well without His blessings. And if I were to get married, I would want His blessings. And there would be no true love without Jesus. So I'm gonna marry a Christian!! Hehs..

Seems kind of early for me to talk about marriage though.. Get myself a girlfriend first! And that would have to wait till I get out of the army. How long is that? 2 years? Wow. I wonder what I would write here 2 years later today. Hmmm...

Well, that's about all I have to say for now. Still wrecking my brains over what to call our youth homegroup. Hmm.. Hsia Pin came up with Allegiance, but I thought it was too heavy. It's difficult to come up with a cool, hip, us name! But I really wanna be involved in this. And the homegroup too.. Pray that God gives me the inspiration!!

Take care people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.