Thursday, July 27, 2006

Badminton Tournament

Gee.. I realised that my blog entries have been sounding convoluted these days. I think I've been ambivalent on quite some things ba. Yeah. I realise that I don't know a lot of things in my life, and I don't know why things are the way they are. And many a times, I'm not happy with things. Like how I was told to look for new friends today. Ha. But hey, I must look to God and let Him guide me each step of the way to where He wants me to be.

Anyway, it was the badminton tournament today! I took part with Jin Zheng in the men's doubles category. Haix. We kena thrashed lorh! (someone tell me if it's thrashed or trashed.) 21-6. Their scoring system was kinda screwed up. You lose service and point at the same time. That means you can score even if it wasn't your service. Bad right? Sad larh.. wasted $1. Luckily we koped a few of their shuttlecocks. Hahahas..

Oh.. it was really fun though. The girls ended up playing 4v4 badminton with 3 simultaneous shuttlecocks. Hahas.. we always couldn't get it going for long. Hmm.. takes skill lorh. But it was really really fun.

Then we went for bubble tea. Wow. Actually this is one of the more pleasant days in a long time. I was thanking God on the bus for such a perfect day. Hahas. Man, too bad we wouldn't have much of these days left as A levels come closer. Stress stress!

On to other things..

A few days back, I sort of made Doreen cry in GP lesson. I know it wasn't just me. It was more compounded stresses ba.. She told me later on that she felt that her GP wasn't good enough. But because she cried after I made my essay opening paragraph presentation, and she joked the next lesson that I sort of made her cry, I started thinking that maybe I did.. I didn't know at all...

This is what I wrote for the essay paragraph in response to the news article we were given:

Re: Let The Young Lions Play Against Best Asian Teams

In the meritocratic system of Singapore, it is easy to see the rationale of the Singapore National Olympic Council in denying the Young Lions the chance to participate in the Doha Games. This is simply another aspect of our colloquial "kiasu-ism", the mentality of "If you can't win, don't participate". The Council probably sess no point in sending a team that was not performing up to mark in their eyes to lose in a multilateral Games meet. I do not believe that this is the right attitude in sports.

By the way, I got "colloquial" from here. Hahahas.. But yeah. I really see nothing special or even good in this paragraph. Man, I don't know.

It seems that everyone in class is starting to break down one by one. It's kind of scary. First it was the isolation everyone went through - just minding your own work and bochap-ing everyone else - and now breaking down. Ahh... will it come to me too? I think I have quite a stable frame of mind ba.. It's kind of like dynamic equilibrium. You add something, and I get upset, but according to le Chatelier's Principle, I work to lessen the stress on me. Hahas. Or like a buffer.. HM.

Okae.. I think I should go bathe and study now.. still have 3 days of brokeness to face. Haix to the power of infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.