Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Blog blog..

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately, especially Mr Brown, Mr Miyagi, Xiaxue, blah blah blah.. you know, the usual blogs everyone reads.

It then came to me how blessed I was that I am not them. No offence to them at all larh.. I think their blogs are wonderful, and Xiaxue probably has thousands from the ten thousand people visiting her blog clicking on the advertisements, generating gold bars for her, from which she funds her "I am officially a Princess" life.

Okae, sorry, I couldn't resist the urge to suan her. Hahas. Anyway, seriously, I think they are real professional bloggers who are opinionated and full of passion for what they write about. Kinda like Oprah really.. and it's cool that we actually have such a syndicated blogging network in Singapore. Do other countries have this? Maybe America with MySpace, but really. So organised and so vibrant? Don't think so!

My point was: I am so blessed. So blessed because I am sitting right here blogging about anything at all. Anything off my brain, I blog. Imagine the pressure if you were Xiaxue. I do believe she did say so herself too.. The stress you have to face when you start to blog for an audience.

For the longest time, I felt that I should talk about real issues too, like what Mr Brown talks about. Maybe I should really be more concerned about the GE and not dismiss it as a sure-win thing. After all, it's a privilege not a right to vote. Or talk about Iraq, or talk about missile testings by Pyongyang. Something that means something to others than me.

Then now I think. I am actually better off writing about my life, how I always think I would die by 34, how every moment is precious, how I used to like Life is a Journey by Anastacia, how I really love venti mocha frappucino, how I used to eat double cheeseburger meal upsize change to large coke all the time...

These things have more meaning than silly quibbles over oil in Iraq. Or even arguments about the existence of a neighbour.

Man, I just came across this while looking through my archive. Something Tan Long tagged lightyears ago...

You think you's the worst? you haven't seen the worst... you in Raffles for goodness sake, stop whining and do what you have to. Which man in this world by worrying and grumbling and giving up can...

...add an hour to his life.. or succeed as a friend, student, CCA member, son blah blah...

I understand the frustration... when you've got 1 week to cramp 9 subjects, its difficult. So here's the challenging part. How do you be exam-smart? Focis on your good subjects first lar...

...so what if you lose the war? you can always win the battle... its either give up or try till the end, the person who tries always wins

A Winner's Creed: If you think you are beaten, you are; If you think you dare not, you don't; if you like to win, but think you can't, it's almost a cinch you won't; But sooner or later, the person who wins, is the one who says "I CAN".

Thanks man.. even now it helps. Wow.. I erm. I don't know what to say. You read it it too!

Hm. Is it strange how I feel I am more interesting then than now? Maybe Raffles does have some sort of magic on people. The magic of possibilities, the magic of hope. If only I could find it again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.