Monday, July 03, 2006

Alcohols..

I am watching the Lucerne Festival Orchestra on Central while mugging Alcohols now. Quite amazed I am, that I actually like what I hear! I do believe that opera is my cup of tea. Hahas.. yup. It's strangely calming. Maybe it's time I dug out my Sarah Brightmans and Josh Grobans. Ahh.. reminescent of Sec 3. It would be nice to reclaim an old love.. and my iPod has plenty of space for them too.

The main reason I am watching the Orchestra, or really, the reason I am blogging right now is that I can't seem to stand mugging anymore. I have tried fruitlessly for the whole day to study for the Chem paper I have tomorrow.

Plenty of success at bingeing though.. I ate popcorn, 5 slices of bread, 1 bowl of cereal, 1 slice of cake, 1 potong ice-cream (sweetcorn one. very nice! hehs), 1 packet of chicken rice, and one double cheeseburger meal today. That's a lot a lot of calories. Not to mention the amount of carbs I am putting into my body. Argh.

Interesting observation I made though.. The more I ate, the more I felt 'sick' and the more I wanted to eat to get rid of the distaste in my mouth. Man. I must be getting some food addiction problem.

Oh wells.

Back to Chem though.. I still have Alcohol, Phenol, Carbonyl, Carboxylic Acids and Nitrogen Cpds left. That's a hell lot to finish by 12am. Haix. God help me!

Oh. The Marriage of Figaro is showing at the Esplanade mid July. I feel like going! But I know no one would be likely to go with me. I don't think I have friends who like operas. Except maybe Xi Xun. But hmm.. Don't think so. She probably wouldn't go. And no, I wouldn't want to go for Cabaret.

Come to think about it, xx comes closest to liking the things I like. Strange how I don't get more friends who like the same things as me. Hmm.. I should go join some online eGroup and make more friends man. Then again, that would mean I would lose my privacy? Argh. Opportunity cost. Everything IS about economics.

Today's Oprah was about secret lives. 1 woman was a shoplifter, and 2 others were compulsive gamblers. The show actually led me to think: we all have our secret lives don't we? I know I do. But since it's secret, I won't tell you. It's a terrible terrible thing.. Then again, as Oprah says, the best thing you can do is to reach out for help. Unless you are the type who needs to hit rock bottom before you actually ask for help. I guess I am the type that can handle things on my own. Hahas..

Seems like my entry is totally random. Here's another random thought: If we are all already clean when we dry ourselves with our bath towels, why do we need to wash them?

Oh man, it's totally cool to see how the violinists move their heads while they play. Let me go back to my tube yeah? You work hard if you still have exams like me, or play hard if you have finished. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.