Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dark clouds gather.

A long time back, when I was in Primary School, my form teacher for P5 and P6 once said to us that the truest and best friends you would find would be from primary school. We were to therefore cherish the times we had with each other because even 6 years is not a long time.

I have found that what she said was only partially true. My longest and good friend is from primary school. But I believe my truest friends were met through my Secondary School days. Where else can you experience that degree of fun and closeness as we did things together in CCAs and had fun spoofing things and bitching around with each other, etc etc?

Even as I move on to varsity life, I feel like I am getting increasingly disenchanted with people relationships. Relationships seem to be based on utility - what we can get out of the other person - rather than a genuine care and concern, or even a desire to know the other person more. "HTHT" is just an excuse for the scandal making machine or a way to know your thoughts for whatever ends in the future. It's a dark, morbid, cynical thought. But I have come to see that this is closest to the truth. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. And I hope many exceptions, at that.

As Cheeks has said, maybe everything is just perspective and I am just having a negative perspective now. I certainly hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.