Saturday, March 24, 2007

Fuel for the Long Haul.

It was hectic the past 2 days ...

:: Lunch with Pamela. (22/3)

Well, we initially planned lunch at Newton Circus. I didn't know that it is barely open for lunch. I should have known! I only ever go there at night.

So anyway, we went all the way there, only to realise that it's closed, mostly. So we made our way to Novena Square.

Wah.. it was the first time I went to Velocity. Pretty boring really.. Feels really small and dead. I guess the crowd just haven't gotten in there yet. But imagine a shopping mall with only sports shops. Pretty boring ain't it?

We spent some time walking around, with Pamela telling me mostly about her newly born cousin. Hahas.. Somehow Pamela always has a way of making me feel un-awkward. No silences. =)

We eventually found this Korean restaurant at Square 2 and decided to eat there. OMG. The food there is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! We were actually waiting for something bad to enter our palate, but nothing was bad! A set meal only costs about $8 - $10, and they give you free appetisers such as kimchi, preserved vegetables, pumpkin porridge, etc. And they all taste great. This coming from a guy who does NOT like kimchi! Man!

You can find this shop at the Korean floor of Square 2. If I'm not wrong, it's the 3rd floor. Drop me an email to tell me that you found it delicious okae? (Okae, I'm imagining I have a Xiaxue/Mr Brown/Mr Miyagi/any-other-famous-blogger sized reading crowd here)


We later on went to visit Kayne at Thompson Medical Centre. HE IS SO CUTE! But I felt quite awkward amongst aunties and uncles I didn't really know, so I couldn't exactly gush out right there. Hahas.. And Norman and Elise are super cute too! Like hyper. I would want kids like them. So free and so energetic. Ahhhhhhhhhh!! I suddenly want kids. Hahas.

Man, I just thought of the cutest yet perhaps unromantic proposal: Will you be the mother of my children? Girls would probably cringe about now.

So anyway, I had to leave when Kayne's mum had to breastfeed him. HMM...

...

:: BBQ at Rich's. (22/3 - 23/3)

I don't particularly like BBQs. It's too much smoke and uncooked food for me. But this barbeque was nice. Nice in a homely sense of the word. We had Ivan, Rich, Tan Long, Enqing, Chow, Liansheng, WOO CHIAO (like never seen him since aeons ago!!) and Esther (Rich's sister).

I must say, Esther and Liansheng can really barbeque well. I tried and I burnt everything. Hahas..

Anyways, it was the usual stayover at Rich's house thang. We played Ivan's PS most of the time, and then we played DotA too, and Taboo! Check out Rich's blog entry for our hilarious answers to weird questions. =)

Let me give you a sample..
Rich: um, um, anal what? anal what?
Teck Heng: anal mountain high enough?
Answer: probe
It was Chow's and Tan Long's birthdays, by the way.. Strange that no big deal was made out of it. We had no cake or anything, only the big bottle of Absolut Vodka which Chow brought from his chalet and no one really drank. It's like 40% alcohol. Would YOU drink it?

Well well, we later went on to eat chicken rice for lunch at a supposedly famous stall when we got sufficiently awake.. It's not really good. Hmm.

Then DotA! again, where I got totally thrashed by Tan Long. Gee. It's super imbar with Tan Long around. Haix. Don't think I would be able to get as good as him. But hey, I'm proud of my Enchantress. Hahas..

...

:: Dinner with Jamie, Alicia and Bee (23/3)



Jamie decided to treat me to dinner to make up for all the pang-sehs, so we got Ali and Bee too. Too bad MK couldn't make it. I really wanted to see her. Hmm.

So anyway, I was quite happy to see Jamie too. But she was her usual self larh. Nothing special. A bit tired-looking though. Those black-eyes, are really black!

We met at Dhoby Ghaut, and took an eternity deciding on what to eat. Ended up watching a bouldering competition outside. I totally feel like learning rock climbing now! If only I were not enslaved to our great nation. Oh well, I'm not complaining. Just pondering about the possibilities if life were different.

Anyways, after the girls had enough boy-ogling time, we went on to Sakae for a party set. It's amazing how that little about of sushi can satisfy me everytime.. But this Sakae was really quite bad. Their sushi fell off before it reached the mouth. It would just disintegrate by the time it lands on the shoyu and wasabe. Irks!

It was nice catching up with the girls though.. Look at some of the pictures we took! =) Jamie wants to go to Australia for further education, and Bee and Ali were basically discussing how to spell ophthalmology. I was bored enough for a while to remember that I was going to SISPEC, bringing a tinge of sadness to my eyes. I didn't know that bothered me until then. Hmm.

THANKS JAMIE FOR TREATING ME TO DINNER!

After dinner we basically walked around PS aimlessly looking at little trinkets and stuff. There was this shop called Made With Love that really caught my eye. I actually saw it a couple of months ago, but forgot about it. Man, I wish I could do all those scrappings too without coming off as being too gay. They are really pretty you know.. I'm amazed at the sheer number of scrappings and creative photo albums they have made.

If you ever go to Plaza Singapura, you MUST go there. It's on level 3.

We later went on to the gratuitous deed of eating 50c ice-cream on my treat. Ahh.. So heartwarming. Hahas.. Well, at least until I had to rush off for Mr Bean's Holiday!

...

:: Mr Bean's Holiday (23/3)

Tan Long decided to have some section/clique movie thing, so we went watching Mr Bean without knowing that his section mates would be there. HMMM..

The movie was really funny and whimsical, I would say. But Ivan didn't seem to like it. I can see why.. It was a little forced, I guess, and it left us with nothing much, except that we watched a Mr Bean movie. But hey, some of the scenes were really good.. Like when Mr Bean was miming a song, and when the video was playing at the end..

They filmed the whole scene in France on purpose so that Bean would not talk, I think. True to the Bean spirit, he did lotsa crazy things. Hahas.. Go watch it. But on DVD.

3 Stars!

Well.. That ends my very hectic 2 days.. WAH. Finally. Okae.. I have to faster post. My battery running low le. Till next time! Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.