Saturday, March 10, 2007

Déjà vu

I took a cab straight to TTSH from Singapore Discovery Centre right after our National Education trip.

Somehow TTSH always gives me a sense of dread. Both my paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother died in Tan Tock Seng. Somehow they don't give much attention to saving old lives. I guess medicine is more economics than healing.

This time round, it's my paternal grandmother in there.

She fell down in the toilet some time back, and we all thought she was okae. In fact, she was perfectly alright except for a big bruise on her left hand when I saw her last week.

Then I got the message a couple of days back that she was hospitalised.

Apparently there was a blood clot in her brain. (didn't female leads always die like that? At least my primary school teacher died from that...) The clot is applying pressure on her brain causing her to lose memory.

They only found out when some relative realised that she couldn't recognise her.

When I got to TTSH today, she couldn't even speak. She stared straight at me with a dazed look then turned away. And then she repeated the same action. Did she actually see me? I hope I will be able to find out from her when she recovers...

The ward she was in was frighteningly similar to the one my other grandmother was in. Same class, same position when I came up from the lift. Also right in front of the nursing counter. I can only hope that the outcome would not be the same.

Anyway, I prayed for her full recovery there.. God will come through for her. It's also quite interesting that I saw "With God all things are possible" as I passed by a school in the taxi today. Maybe He is telling me something.

Man, seriously, I'm not prepared for someone else to die just yet. So please don't..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.