Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Oh happy day!

I return home surprisingly happy. It's been a few days since I've been feeling this happy!

Went out for gymswim with Rich, Teckie and Chow this morning, and we eventually went to Vivo cos Rich's classmates wanted to go Sentosa and we decided to crash.

Wah.. His classmates are totally out of my league. I just have a problem with people with thick accents. Like. Not Singaporean enough for me. I know, personal bias! But I can tell they are good people. It's just I who is the anti-social b***h.

Anyways, his friends, Aysuria and Victor had to leave, so it was left with Rich, Teck and I to walk around.. (Zhaoyu had to leave for church stuff) Erm.. we basically went around looking for sunglasses for Teck's friend, and a weighing scale for my sister as birthday presents. Hmm..

I wonder what we were doing in between though.. we seem to have spent quite a lot of time. Hahas. Oh! I was looking for khaki bermudas. There was this shop called Island something which had really nice clothes. Too bad they cost a bomb! Like. $105 for bermudas. Man! Do they think army boys are rich? Fine, they probably don't target poor dudes like us.

We went for Ben & Jerry's later on then, and Rich treated us to a Merlionster! Wow. It was orgasmic. The brownies with ice-cream was great. I liked that they added bananas too. Although I really am not a fan of their ice-cream. Too thick and sore throat causing for me. Erghs. Island Creamery is much better. Less taxing on my oesophagus.

It was at B&J where I got a call from SMU to tell me that I got through for Law! Supposed to get an interview somewhere near the end of March. Hope my new unit lets me get off to go man.. THEY HAVE TO!!!!! Law law law! I really hope I get into NUS Law too. Law law LAW!!!

Okae, back to the day. We eventually made our way to Sentosa after walking to Harbourfront Centre and then back to Vivo. The monorail is amazingly hard to find. Grr. We went there on a whim, really. It was already too late for a good tan, and everyone who was supposed to go left, like I said earlier..

We went anyway. Using the new monorail! It's quite cool really.. They now have cards for entry into Sentosa. It's only $3, and the pass works like an EZlink card. Tap and enter. Easy peasy.

The train had interesting handlebars which rose from the ground instead of a rod which goes right through the whole train vertically like typical MRTs. The seats are bright yellow and look more uncomfortable than they really are. The view.. well, wasn't really nice, unless you are into oil tankers. But the short stretch of water dividing Sentosa and mainland Singapore is pretty pleasing though.. A peaceful green and blue. Ahh.. Serenity.

We went to Siloso Beach. It was beautiful. The sun was setting, and the water was lapping in slowly. I kept thinking to myself, "if only a girl was with me right now!" It's unfortunate that I have no girlfriend to share such moments though.

ANYWAYS! We spent some time taking photos, walking in the sand, etc. Basically we walked from one end of Siloso to the other end. And we saw the nicest sandcastle (more like sand compound) ever! Apparently some company having a function there had it made. Hmm.

When we were all really tired of walking and all, we took the tram to Cafe Del Mar, thinking it would be a sight to behold, and it would be really cool since there was so much hype about it. Guess what? It was a bloody container. It looks as permanent as whyteboard marker ink in rain. All white, neon lights on the inside. It gave us a "don't come in, I am not a nice place to be" feel. And so we left.

We decided to settle our dinner at Sakae. Got a party set. Quite delicious really. Exorbitant portions. I was full before I finished. I was quite surprised, really.. I never expected myself to get full on sushi without eating their buffet lunch.

There was of course the mandatory chit-chat, where I started talking about my feeling like I haven't really held a real conversation with anyone since ______g and ____n. People change all the time, I guess.. Nothing we can do to stop them. It all got slightly depressing.. But at the same time, I felt it was heartwarming. We hardly get to talk like that anymore. Recently it has always been about army, and things and other things. Never really about thoughts. So that was great. Wonderful!

Then came more shopping at Vivo. Logically we made our way back to Vivo (duh!) Teck got kind of stressed looking for white sunglasses for Cher (his friend). I found it weird that he actually called her to ask exactly what she wants. I guess it makes sense that then she would definitely like her present, but what about the element of surprise and pleasure at getting something you didn't know you would get and YET still like? I prefer getting people things without them knowing what it's going to be.

We were also looking out for caps too, because Teck came to the conclusion that he looks good in caps. Or maybe he looks ugly without. Or maybe he just likes the idea of a cap. The sad thing is that he didn't get a cap. I did. And man, do I love my cap!! Muahahahas.. When I laid my eyes on it, it was like WHAM! BAM! ALAKAZAM! I knew I had to buy it. Even IF I don't look nice in it. But I think I do.. I do!!

Harry's Bar was next. Randolph rocked. He was the one-man-band playing guitar there. Somehow his guitar allows him to loop his music and the beating of the guitar to come up with some really beautiful music. He sang With Or Without You by U2. His voice was thick and baritone with a relaxed feel to it. It was great.

Then there were the people playing pool. I am convinced that I would need years of training before I can play pool in a bar. They are like. Inhuman. Superb. Their cue ball freaking spins! Disgusting!!

The drinks were great too.. My favourite was my second drink, Pina Colada. Hahas.. both Rich and Teck warned me against it because they said it was going to be a bad combination, but it turned out great. Even they had to admit that it was good. *beams!* I liked Teck's kahlua with cream too. Sweet and rich texture. My third would be the passion fruit margarita. Sweet! The ice was quite refreshing too.. Much better than the screwdriver I had in EskiBar. I'm never going to Eski again! Feel like going to Harry's in Esplanade though... I've got a feeling it would be great.

Oh, they had killer nachos too. OM!! The cottage cheese and the salsa was wonderful. And their beef is tastes better than that in Carl's Jr Chilli Cheese Fries. Simply delicious man.

Harry's impresses me totally. Like 4.99 stars. I want to try Hard Rock Cafe next. I heard they have huge burgers. Hahas.. But that's another story for another day. Right now, I have to sleep.

Goodnight people..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.