Sunday, October 08, 2006

the night out

Wells.. I guess Pam really saved us.

I can't be put in a situation where I have to initiate topics to talk about. Cos I can't. Shuying was the person doing most of the asking. And I bet my monosyllabic or otherwise plain answers were irritating. There's just no common topic I guess.. I really pulled out the haze, but it lasted less than 3 minutes I think. Super awkward.

Pam saved us by being a friend of Shuying and friend of Dezhi. So at least she could talk to both people having more history with each one of us. Managed to pull some sort of a conversation at Starbucks. I guess people really need to meet to have normal relationships. SMS doesn't work! Shuying was looking quite sian most of the time.. it might have been tiredness, I guess (positive thinking!). Her hei yan quan was really black. Never sleep well ba. But I am not in the business of asking people to sleep early and have sweet dreams anymore. No one listens I surmised.

We ended up eating at Lerk Thai and the nice durian mousse at Han's (with Shuying saying 'nice right?' all the time). Went shopping around Marina Square after that, which made everything funner..

Thinking about it, it turned out quite okae.. but I don't think I would dare do it again. Sometimes it's better to let things lie bah. I really can't bring myself into a high mood in front of her. 2 years is all it takes to make everything different, I guess.

Regretted not taking a photo together.. might not get to meet again le ba.. Gee.. why am I sounding so weird and solemn? But hey, at least I got to see her smile! Always great to see old friends smile. =)

So that's about that. Yeah.. gee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.