Friday, October 13, 2006

Farewell, NY.

I never thought it would end so quickly, neither does it feel like it has ended, but it's final. I have officially bade farewell to a college that has taught me and groomed me over the past two years.

There was no pompous send-off, no awe-inspiring speeches that made me think about the true meaning of education, there wasn't even a quality tear-jerking video. Two alumni members graced us with their presence by sharing work experience and little about the memories they had about Nanyang, Mr Kwek joked in his short speech which included (you guessed it) the usual 'do you best for the A's' rhetoric. Ryan Eremus Something irritated me just by being on stage as the valedictorian. Who chose him in the first place? Did the graduating batch have a choice? Cos if we did, or more correctly, if I did, I wouldn't choose him. I would choose me. =P

What replaced all the grandeur and pomp I hoped for was laughter. The video wasn't good in any sense of the word, but we had lots of fun laughing at the silly antics of the teachers. Mr Haniss actually looked quite nervous in front of the camera! Of course there was the thousand-handed-buddha thingie which the Physics department tried to pull off.. I was a little disappointed that I didn't actually get to see Mrs Chan talk on her on though.. Mr Wan was funny by being self-deprecating, being number 1 in the Chem department's presentation.. I could actually sense the immense amount of goodwill emanating from the teachers.

Of course there was plenty of joking around amongst the students. And thanks to Mrs Chan's gift of link-puzzles, the whole duration at the hall never had a dull moment. We were swapping puzzles to solve and all..

The refreshments later on helped me to solve my no-money-for-lunch problem. But wow, the school catered so little!! The bee hoon ran out in a flash and Lester was gobbling up all our spring rolls. There was plenty of photo-taking from everyone.. that includes me! After all, I don't think we would be meeting again anytime soon as a class. It's not as if we will all conscientiously turn up for Math on Monday. Well.. here are the photos!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.