Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!


First and foremost, merry and blessed Christmas to everyone! It's a time where we can remember to share and to love the ones around us and those that are less fortunate than us, and remember that we love because Christ first loved us. =)

I spent my Christmas Eve with Kaili and went for my very first Catholic midnight mass ever. Quite an experience! It was very ritualistic, and not at all like a Protestant service at all. Hmm. Honestly, it was quite a culture shock and I didn't feel as at ease as I expected. But it was an experience nonetheless. Kaili was right when she said that Catholics seem to revere and respect the Word of God and God Himself alot more. Everything was done with a bow, every reading was ended with a Thanks Be to God. It sort of reminded me of the traditional services that I attended back at KKMC, but to an even greater degree..

Anyways, I wrote ahead. The initial plan was to go for dinner at Food for Thought because I went there for Anntic gathering and found it to be quite cosy.. Unfortunately the place was closed when we got there, so we went to Purvis Street instead for Miss Clarity's. Hmm. To be honest I think their food quality worsened since the last time I went there.. The company made up for it though =)

Next on the list was supposed to be One George Street (thanks Rich!).. but once again, the place turned out to be closed =(( I was really bummed by that. Really wanted to go up there. Haix. But alas, plans are made to be foiled. We ended up going to the TCC nearby and chilling there while waiting for the mass to start. Which wasn't really a bad idea, because the bean bags were really really comfortable. Hahas..

Back to the mass! Thanks Camillus for hosting us! Your singing was really imba. There was this part where he basically summarised the bible leading up to the birth of Christ? I think there must be an official name for it, but I don't know what it is. Quite an eye opener really. Now instead of hearing about, I finally get a sense of what is Catholicism.

We went watching the sunrise after mass, and it was altogether fun =) And that was how I had my Christmas eve.

So dawn goes down to day, Nothing gold can stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.