Friday, December 18, 2009

Avatar.

I think the worst is over in terms of my sickness. The headiness is totally gone, and I managed to hop out of bed today, which is much more than what I could yesterday. I'm just left with a very stuck nose and some coughing..

Anyways, the highlight of yesterday was watching Avatar the movie. I took a leap of faith there, considering the last time I stepped out of the house I broke out into cold sweat. Yes, it's that bad. But well, I turned out okay, and I survived!

Avatar wasn't half bad. Not the kind of movie that leaves you awed at the end of it, but you'd come out of it thinking that it was a good movie and that the plot was good, and that the director was really trying to address certain issues like indiscriminate deforestation, and how the Americans totally destroyed American Indian culture way way back.

I somehow came out of it feeling like a lot of parts of the movie was copied from somewhere though.. It felt a little bit like Pocahontas with Final Fantasy (the movie).. Not to mention that the 3D glasses made me a little dizzy after the movie. =S

Generally good though. Go watch it!

We had some time before the movie so we went walking near Somerset MRT a little bit. I must say, I never knew the place changed so much. Now there's a 313@Somerset and then there's an Orchard Central all full of shops. HOW DO THEY SURVIVE?! Anyways, the company was great =) and the Quiznos Sub was really not bad. Went a little crazy with the shopping too. It was fun! =D Let's do it again soon yeah? =P

Anyways, today seems like it's gonna be quite hectic. CLEARING OF RAG STORE! =S Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.