Thursday, October 15, 2009

Beliefs.

Today's POTD is brought to you by Facebook! And because I'm feeling generous, there are 2 photos! More wholesome Mr Suan goodness for you =)

Teckie dropped by Bschool for lunch and a mugging session where he totally slept. Pretty amazing, considering how noisy Biz normally is..

Now, an interesting question he asked me for his philo tutorial:

"If you were fighting with your friend for the same internship spot, and suppose you had an edge over him, would you help him by all your means, or reserve some of your knowledge to yourself so that you can maintain your comparative advantage?"

My answer was a sound yes, that I would help that friend and let the interview decide who's the better between the 2 of us. Somehow he thought I was naive I guess. I later thought about it a bit more and realised that this is exactly what makes Christians different from others. We are all called to be salt and light of the world, to shine in the darkness and to preserve goodness. Even if I might be in business where one is taught to be shrewd and wise to the ways of the world, I will never want to give that up.

Interestingly, the VCF membership class this evening talked exactly about being salt and light of the world and influencing others for Christ in campus. I guess I still have a lot of work to do in that area since I have mostly kept my faith very personal.

Frankly it was rather refreshing to know VCF's doctrines and distinctives. It made me realise that it is actually quite important to really know what I believe in, and that it's also important for people as a corporate body to believe in the same things. In the light of recent events, I feel that perhaps that was overlooked when I was younger. It's probably a very good time to question myself rigorously about this!

More Clubroom love! =) I thought I looked too cute in this photo to pass up the opportunity to share it. =P

That's all for tonight! Earendil is dying without his charger. Tomorrow will be a brighter day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.