Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The end of the road.

I just got home from visiting RQ at NUH. I must say I didn't prepare myself for it to be this bad. She could not talk or move except for blinking and some twitching of her fingers. It's supposedly the effect of the cancer spreading to her brain and the fluids stuck up there.

I know she must have recognised me because I gave her the "zoh si mi?" look, and she had the "ah Sir" look in her eyes. She was looking right into my eyes. For a moment I couldn't look back because I was afraid I will start tearing. The last thing I want is for her to feel sad for me, so I held back as much as I could. I didn't want to be melodramatic in front of her relatives either...

It was later when I was at the airport sending Aaron Derrick back to Dubai when I thought, "Good people don't do good so that they can live long lives." I guess the brighter a candle burns, the faster it extinguishes. But it's light would have impacted so many others, like the spreading of a spark into a wildfire, uncontrollable and mighty. I know and am glad I was one of them.

Still, I pray for miracles to happen. I know God has a greater plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.