Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Allegiance Slumber Party.

And so came the end of the Slumber Party. I now have to look for the next thing to look forward to.

We had a lot of fun worshipping, understanding how to deal with all sorts of difficult people, and playing Taboo (thanks Rich!!). I think the Taboo was the funnest.

It didn't exactly turn out as I imagined it. I was thinking more of a Settler's Cafe concept where we would be playing board games, but it turned out that we didn't have enough time for that. So we watched The Emperor's Club instead.

It was a great movie. Wholesome, interesting, and well - wholesome sums it all. I especially liked when Mr. Hundret said, "It is not living but living rightly." It was a quote from Socrates. That makes a lot of sense, if you think about it. Would you choose temporal gains and pleasures at the expense of virtue and eternal value? "When the day comes when you have to stare into your reflection, all you will see is a life lived without virtue." Wahhhhh. So impactful. There was this last part too, when he said something about your life's worth not being about the one mistake you make, but about the many lives you impact. Something like that. That was very wow also.

Well, I would say we had fun. Just that I ended up with a very itchy face and bad sleep =/ But I'm looking forward to the next thing that we are gonna do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.