Tuesday, September 09, 2008

83.5?!!!!

Today was another day spent on trying to clear all of the paperwork from the previous exercise before I finally fly off. It is totally killing me, I tell you. I can't see myself finishing at all. It's just too time consuming. And my desk has no space!!! Every fucking inch is covered with paper. That's how bad it is. Man.. And it would help if my clerks actually can help instead of just knowing how to fax and raise purchases and going to online forums... Argh.

Managed to spend some time visiting my missing men too.. Haix. There are so many people who are on long term MC! I am actually quite worried for them. It's actually quite a shock for me that there are so many people with REAL problems in Singapore. I always lived in a incubated environment where I thought the worst thing that could happen to someone was to have their parents die or something. But really, my QM tour taught me that there are so many people out there who have so many more problems and that I am really truly blessed being in the situation I am in. At least I am not facing eviction, conviction, or anything.

I had dinner with Tan Long and Friend. And when we were talking later on, he also mentioned that so many of us are so blessed and fortunate that we don't have the impetus to improve. I guess that is pretty true. So what if we have the brains and the means, we have no motivation to move forward.

What is my drive? What is the one thing behind me that causes me to step forward? I feel that I am still searching for it. For so long, I hoped that it would be someone, or God. But then I realise that it must be something in me. Some kind of lofty ideal to hold up my own sky.

You know, I don't see myself working really hard for a long time. I wish to travel the world and to life moment to moment, capturing each memory and holding it for as long as it would have me. I want to kayak, I want to cycle, I want to shoot photographs all around the globe. At least for now. Hahas..

What do you want to do for the rest of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.