Sunday, September 21, 2008

58

I just landed in The-Place-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named and got transferred to the Domestic Airport. True to my professional blogger ethics, I have decided to risk writing down everything so that my millions of readers (The Power of POSITIVE THINKING!) can get this back at home =)

The first thing that struck me about Place-Where-Domestic-Airport-Resides was the strange fact that there were so many buildings near the airport. And heavy industries, for that matter. You know, back at Changi, there was nothing near the runway except for, well, the Prison. But right here, it seems like they built Jurong Island right next to Place-Where-Domestic-Airport-Resides International! Talk about environmental consciousness eh!

In all Singaporean style, my captain who was with me check out the price for a bottle of Coke right after we landed. Make a wildddd guess. THREE FUCKING DOLLARS! That makes it about $3.50 Sing. Expensive sia!

We then went to the train platform to get to the Domestic Airport for Somewhere-Larger-Than-Stony. Well, it was quite peculiar in my view, cos the Domestic Airport was much bigger than the International one. I guess that's because the population of Place-Where-Domestic-Airport-Resides is larger than that of the rest of the world? Go figure.

Just had a Subway sandwich. Looks like some things are the same wherever you go. Just that Burger King is called Hungry Jacks here and you place your order to an angmoh.

It's really rather disconcerting because of their accent. I can barely make out what they are saying and it's just total strangeness. I guess it's my Asian inferiority complex kicking in. Shrugs. Worst still is the Asians who speak with the accent. Totally weird. And to have angmohs serving me instead of the other way round is just. Wrong. Hmmm.

Alright. That's all the time I have for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.