Friday, September 26, 2008

53

At a certain point of our little insignificant lives, we have to look at the realities and think, "What should I do for the rest of my life so that it means something?" At a certain point we have to wake up from our little dreams of living in a hamlet overseeing the greenest pastures, and rocking in the patio reading the newspaper. Even that elusive dream of being with who you really want to be with.

I have been thinking about this a lot, not just when I was here, but also back in Singapore. That was what that bout of wanting to sign on was about. And I cannot say that I have totally discounted the idea of doing so.. just that I was greatly discouraged by the lack of incentives.

The thing about dreams is that they stop you from really living. I find that I have dreamt up so many things and thought so idealistic of the whole world that I have forgotten that there are more than what I want to do to consider.

In the real world, there are bills to pay. That means that you will have to work for what you want. In the real world, people around you die if you are not careful enough. Why dream of loving someone who's not there when there are so many around you for you to love?

I guess a dream is really is just really something you have in mind for you to work towards to, something to motivate you, not something that dominates you.

For the umpteenth time, time to wake up, Mr Suan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.