Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I went for my first GEM tutorial this morning, and it was the weirdest tutorial ever.

I deliberately went to Science earlier so that I could find out exactly where S11 was. It was all a little confusing because S11 didn't really have a main entrance and I had to find my way through S12. I took a dump before I got there too. Hahas.

So when I finally got there, I realised that it was a Lab Briefing Room. The tutorial was strange on a few levels. Firstly, I was struck by how small the group was. There must have only been about what, 6 people? The whole atmosphere was also very awkward because no one knew anyone else.

The tutor was also a little uneasy/awkward/apprehensive when he delivered his summary of Time Dilation and Length Contraction. The worst part is actually the tutorial itself, because I really couldn't get what he was trying to say. I mean, the concepts sound familiar and I understand the explanations, but it was really difficult to wrap my mind around the things that he said. Take for example the Apparent Rotation of objects that are moving really fast. It's just really hard to visualise and imagine myself looking at these things =S

Anyways, that was the tutorial.

I think the highlight of the day was that I lost my wallet. Remember that dump I took? I left my wallet on the toilet paper box and went for my tutorial. I only realised that my wallet was lost when I received an email from a research scientist telling me that he found my wallet. I had to go all the way back to Science again from Biz just to take it back. But really, THANK YOU MR. RESEARCH SCIENTIST! Few would be so kind as to take that extra step to email me. Not to mention the fact that he took it out of the toilet. I know for myself that I would never take a random wallet out of the toilet and email the owner lorh. Thank God I found my wallet!

Anyways, that was it for my short short day in school.

I also went for dinner with Cheeks and Yen Chin. We were supposed to have dinner with Eng Keat too who was flying back to Oz, but he couldn't make it. So it was down to us three musketeers again. Frankly, I realise miss the times in CCC. Now that I don't have a church, I really treasure the fellowship that we once had and how I would look forward to going to church every Sunday because of the people I know there. I didn't think it would be such a big factor before I left, but now I am beginning to realise it.

Anyways, we talked about how our lives were seemingly meaningless, but agreed that there is never any overarching great meaning for anyone's life, just the daily doings of God's bidding that accumulates to a well-lived life. I managed to share some of the things that I learnt from the Gcube bible study yesterday too. Really struck by how God speaks through everything.

To skip to the present, here I am back in front of my computer at home. I have to complete my DSC project research and my GEM revision, but I am really quite tired. So I think I am just going to bathe and sleep for a bit before I wake to fight again. TATA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.