Sunday, August 02, 2009

Tink!



I guess it's high time that I got back to blogging. I kind of stopped because I suddenly became aware of a lot more people reading this than I am comfortable with. After all, it's a very real part of my life that I am sharing and it's not the best of feelings to have someone read you like a book (or blog -_-||)

These past few weeks have been pretty dark for me. I can't exactly remember when the lights went off, but probably very early on, even before I dented my car door. Stuff just kept piling up that it became a little too much for me to handle on my own.

There was the car, then there was the tiff with my brother, and there was the lack of money, etc etc that laced poison on my whole outlook. Of course, there was also the ________. So if I really look back now, I would say the past few weeks were secretly screwed up.

Secretly because I really had a lot of fun at the orientation camps and Rag too. It's just a personal disgruntlement that I kept to myself throughout the time.

What really caused me to snap out of it though, was my pouring half a glass of water on my MBP. You can imagine how &$%^@ you would feel if that happened to you. I was more scared than anything because it was new and I thought to myself how unlucky I was (as usual).

Then I realised that it wasn't really my luck. I just found things difficult to accept and handle because I was doing everything in my own strength. I totally sidelined God and tried to take everything as it came upon myself. Basically I had little faith that God could make things work for me. I blamed everything on tough luck. The simple solution though, was to submit everything to Him. To realise that I am not fighting alone, that God is really with and for me.

It's a difficult feeling to explain for those of you who don't know God. It's just a general sense of relief and optimism that whatever I am facing, I face with greater strength than I have. I might not be able to do some things, but God can. And that's comforting. I just have to remind myself to keep going back to Him.

Hopefully I learn this lesson and take it with me from now on eh?

P.S. I realised that the YouTube clip has nothing to do with the entry.. but it's top on 933 排行榜 and it's stuck in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.