Friday, August 07, 2009

O-Week.

O-Week just ended yesterday with a bang despite the boring lead-up to it. Somehow I always get super high and inspired when we do the Bizad Cheer together in a huge room. It just makes me feel like I'm part of something larger than me.

My OG was FRAU!


I must say they have been such dearies, even though they were not super enthusiastic as I would like. At least they responded really well and stayed throughout the O-Week! I can't say that for other OGs. I think towards the start of Sentosa day, our OG was more or less one of the more intact ones.

O-Week was fun! Even though there are many spaces of time where we are just waiting for stuff to happen, I generally enjoyed it all. Especially the Sentosa Day. I just like to run into the water and float around. Hahahas! And I think Frau had fun too doing all the Kallang Waves and cheers in the sea. =) Too bad I didn't bring my camera or I'd have photos to show for!

My greatest complaint though, would have to be the Masquerade Ball. Being the climax of the camp, it should have been planned better to include more people and for the audience to be more involved. In the end, it felt like we were all just standing around looking at something we were not super interested in in the first place. Not to mention how painful it was to stand for so long after a long camp. Thank God someone started to sit on the floor. Genius, that guy.

Anyways, Louis won Mr Redken! Wah! Congratulations man. I thought the way they did 小微 was really quite good. And Kimberly got Ms Masquerade! That was quite random, but congrats all the same!

If only they put more thought into it and stood in the shoes of the campers, I think it would have turned out better. But oh wells, I guess everyone has their limitations eh?

I am personally feeling quite shitty now because my vocal chords are totally busted from all the screaming, shouting, cheering, and say "Good morning Sir, would you like to donate to NUS Flag Day?". Somehow people are just not as generous as before. Perhaps it's the Financial Crisis, but I think it's more cynicism. I could literally see people walking away and laughing at us. How rude is that?! It's okae if you don't donate, but here we are doing something good while you laugh at us? WTF!

The whole experience was wonderful though. I don't think I can ever flag from 5 AM to 10 PM ever again. I think most of us got discouraged towards the end, but we still did good, PETER PAN! Hopefully Bizad will win Rag and Flag again for the zillionth time. Muahahahahahahahs..

Righto. I shall go for my protein shake budget lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.