Monday, August 17, 2009

翱翔


Went to send Chor Seng off at the airport yesterday. He’s going off to Cornell University with an A*STAR bond of 15 years. If I were him, I wouldn’t have signed. But perhaps I’m just saying it because A*STAR would never give me such a contract… After all, it’s 15 years of solid employment. Afterwhich he can move on to become a politician or a high ranking civil servant – the ideal route for the Singaporean.

I couldn't help feeling a little bit sad after that actually. In fact I'm still a little emo (see Chor Seng, you mean so much to me!) I guess I am never good with goodbyes. And these few years seem to be full of them. And the jigsaw unravels.

Nevertheless, I wish Chors all the best in his studies, and may he come back to become the next Scholar who hopefully doesn't bunch up things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.