Friday, June 06, 2008

Thank God It's Friday!

I never used to understand why there was such a phrase as "Thank God It's Friday". Shouldn't it be "Thank God! It's Sunday."? Yet lately I have been finding myself living for the weekends. Just waiting during the week for the precious two days to come in which I will not have to go back to dear old Mandai Hill. I guess I have grown weary of fighting the paper mountain alone... RQ when are you coming back?! The truth is, it's a question no one can really answer. And as Commander of the QM Platoon, it's a truth I have to take in stride and with fortitude.

You know, work's not all bad. I know I make it sound like that here. But it simply isn't true. I have a bunch of good kids who try to do their jobs well. As a matter of fact, I visited Kelvin today at his home. He had a knee injury sustained during BMT, and he's resting at home after surgery. I tried to buy him $25 worth of things as was the entitlement, yet I couldn't find much to buy. Ended up getting durians (my treat) and a watermelon and apples. Hmm. Pretty strange things to give, if I would say so myself. Kelvin is one of the better kids. It's really quite sad that he has to have MC until July.

Anyways, I was supposed to have my off day today, but I felt quite compelled to go back in the morning to clear up my shitload of indents before the week ends. And truth be told, it feels quite good to have some things off my back! Plus the fact that I ran 9KM today. Yay! Fats be gone! And thank you toinh for the perpetual reminder of my FTT failure. And also to Chor Seng for telling him in the first place =/ I expect to really get balloons hor!

The actual highlight of the day was definitely the movie night with me family. We went to watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull cos Mum had free tickets for us all.

I went straight to Great World City for the dinner buffet after visiting Kelvin. The food was well, so so. I would say that the event was pretty small as compared to what we have seen in the mess. So anyways, I should get on to the movie. Personally, I felt that having a "aliens came to Earth millenia ago to impart technology and knowledge" plot was a little cheesy. Given the fact that we have already heard this story a million times! But it was a fun action movie to watch. I especially liked the parts where Indy rolled into cars (not a few times!) to push the bad guys out of the cars. And despite what Tan Long said about Cate Blanchett having a minimal roll, I felt that she had the perfect Ukrainian accent and she acted sufficiently this time. I give the movie 4 stars!

I also saw the Nike Band on our way home. You know, if Nike wasn't a money sucking conglomerate which forces me to buy a Nike Plus shoe just so that I can use the Nike Band, I would actually have bought it. But no. You have to have a shoe just for the device. How lame is that?! I have decided to find some way to circumvent this!!! Say no to monopolisation and restriction of consumer sovereignty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.