Saturday, June 14, 2008

The 952nd Saturday of My Life.

It is oddly comforting for me to have so much time on my hands on this very Saturday unlike many of my other Saturdays. I would have thought it disconcerting to stay at home for the most part of the day, tempted by my beautiful Mac; or having to listen to the petty little quarrels that my family is so fond of. The true story, however, was quite unexpected.

I was not at home all day bien sur! I was out first thing in the morning for my piano lessons. I was not much good, as usual. I wonder when a wondrous gift will descend upon me, afterwhich I would require no practice to play very well indeed. Yes, I hope all the hours of my life for such a miracle to happen!

An interesting highlight of the day was probably the fact that I queued up for 4-D just for amusement in my waiting for my dear Mother and Sister. They were unfortunately quite late in meeting our appointment. You can imagine what I was forced to do at the end of the queue! I ended up buying a Quick Pick ticket. Singaporeans hate people who queue only to give up their slot, you know. They would give those dirty looks that say, "did you just stand in front of me to irritate the hell out of me by taking up space?" or "wah liao, don't buy queue what f***?"

The Singapore Pools proved to be much too efficient on this day, such that I still had to buy a set of The Straits Times to wait out for my family, who are no doubt putting on the finest cosmetics of sleeping clothes to venture out into the Market. By the time we finally got to our Brunch, the duck was very much dead, roasted and braised.

Afterwards in the afternoon, I met up with Pamela for some soup at the Soup Spoon. Calories added to my already generous belly! I must say these days are horrendous for me, what with the low security I have of my personal image. Not to mention the various disadvantages of feeling plus-sized such as backaches, bad hair, etc.

Anyways, I suspect I was a decoy for meeting someone else. Hmm..

Another keyboard lesson was in order in Hsia Pin's house in Pearl Bank where I learnt to play various songs such as Be Still and O Praise Him. Nothing very remarkable I'm afraid. My phobia of playing has not really resided. I wonder where the source is from really, but I cannot find it. Everything that is of my hand just somehow sounds bad. It seems that the world is as ill at ease with me as I am with it.

On a side note, Jonathan Strange has finally arrived in my reading. The book is promising to be quite a good read despite its imposing appearance. Do dig in if you manage to procure a copy. Or ask me nicely enough, and I would find the nearest chance to loan it to you.

With that, I should retire. Have a pleasant Saturday night. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.