Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sign on.

It seems like I only blog on Saturdays or Sundays lately. What to do? I am a busy man. Hahas.. Work is not as bad as before, now that my heavy burden, the LRI, is over. Did I mention we got an 'A' grading? Muahahahahas..

You know, I have been seriously thinking through the idea of signing on in the Army. And I talked to quite a number of people this weekend about it. It seems like the negativity and objection about it wasn't as strong as I expected.

What made me seriously consider was what MAJ Leo said to me a few days back, "You know, I'm not a Christian, but this is what Christians call God giving you a sign" in response to my complaint that every single soul I meet is asking me to sign on. Even the ES helpdesk people. I was just struck by that statement because he has no idea that I am a Christian.

Thinking about it, I would have nothing much to lose. The Army would pay for my studies, and I will just be bonded for 4 - 6 years. Sure, the idea seems dreary, especially when everyone else ORDs... but. I don't know.. I'll still take time to think about it. But I am quite interested to find out what the Army can offer me...

Should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.