Monday, August 25, 2008

slack slack!

I have been getting these dizzy spells and migraines with much frequency lately. And true to my genes (from my Dad's side), I started wondering if I had something (other than my brain) up in my head. Well, if it happened to RQ, it could happen to me right? Someone once said that there would be 1 in 3 people who will have some sort of cancer by the year 2050. Hmm.

Anyways! Because of one such dizzy spell, I got easily seduced by CSM's idea of going home during lunch time. So we both stowed away in his Vios, him to his lovely shopping trip with his wife, and me back home to reading and sleeping and indiscretions..

This entry is about MILESTONES. I have 2 to report.

Number 1: I just finished reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell! It has 1008 freaking pages and is the longest thing I have read so far since.. Harry Potter? But this was closer to Sophie's World in terms of its plot. So winding and dark. Argh.

Truth be told I have this very bad habit of reading too many books at the same time and end up not finishing any. And it's particularly agonising when I have to finish one. I don't believe you can begin to imagine the number of books I have begun reading and not finished. Suzanne Clark is one lucky author. Hahas..

Anyways, it was a very good read. The pace was just right throughout, and there were enough twists for you to want to keep reading it to find out what was going on. There was also a good play on the personalities in the book that is much of an exposé on the contradictions of human character. Go read it! (if you have a lot of time or if you can stand reading something for a month)

Number 2!: I JUST WENT SWIMMING!!!!!!

I feel like.....


or...



MORE LIKE.......



Woot! I finally picked up enough willpower to will my fat ass out of the rosewood sofa and out of the house. I feel so accomplished! =)

Did 30 laps and felt a sufficient ache in my deltoids to stop. I haven't swam in at least 4 months! And I haven't even really exercised in 2 months. How absolutely disgusting. Hahas.. But now I am determined to keep exercising! Flab be gone!

But seriously, I think the new fatness is starting to show signs of threatening my health. Like constant backaches and tired wakings, and random headaches. Time to get rid of this cardiac attack/diabetes/hypertension/stroke/whatever-f-fat-causes belly!

GREEN TEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.