Saturday, August 25, 2007

Just Do It

I wanted to blog about this, then I didn't want to. Then I thought I had to, because this is important. So, I'm just doing it.

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that I managed to find this advertisement online with a cross? How totally apt. Well, yes, I'm gonna be talking God.

You see, I bought this book, Chasing Daylight by Erwin Raphael McManus today. It's a book about seizing the moment, a book about "a call to live a life of blazing urgency". And this book really really spoke to me.

I've mentioned before that for the longest time, I had this complex that told me that others were better than me, and that I probably wouldn't be able to do much myself. I probably wouldn't be able to be a good keyboardist, for example. Well, that was the reason why I was drawn to this book. Because in the synopsis wrote, "We all have dreams... Why, then, do some of us realise our dreams and advance forward while others watch timidly from a distance and hope for a break?". Then I realised what it really was. Timidity.

What is stopping me from doing what I wanted to do? Something at the back of my head saying that maybe God doesn't want me to do this. Then the book read, "When we are passionate about God, we can trust our passions" (Psalms 37:4). And I was like, "wow. I have to buy this book." Later I learnt that even if this isn't what God wanted me to do, I'd be just making a mistake, which is okay. Because God would still have a plan for me, and nothing I can do will derail that, as long as I am in Him.

So far, there has been a revelation and spiritual release to me that I should Just Do It. Do whatever that I think is the right thing to do - that is after consideration. Because God puts thoughts and ideas in our heads for a reason. If it has come to you, perhaps it is because God wants you to act it out.

And so I did. I asked Tan Long and Chow if they would like to start a cell together because I felt it would benefit all of us, and I asked them to pray about it so that it wouldn't just be impulse on my part. I'm still waiting to hear the good news!

What is the Spirit saying to you today? Are you even aware of it? We need to realise when the Holy Spirit is speaking, and act upon it.

When you do a double-take in your mind next time, think. What is the best thing to do? From right and right, what is righter? And choose to do what you thought about. Act. Because you only live once. And God wants you to live life to the full (John 10:10) with the choices you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.