Sunday, August 19, 2007

Church.

This is the first time in a long time that I have not gone to church. Let's not count the times when I had guard duty, of course..

When I was in KKMC, I loved the people and I loved the ambience. I was passionate about God because He was new to me, like a strange cute thing I suddenly had. But I can't say I knew God. I wrote lots of notes during sermon, yes, but I wasn't really listening to Rev Chiang or Rev Kang. It was a sweet time, when I was young and I had new friends. Fellowship, but in retrospect, perhaps not so much with the presence of God.

Then I came to CCC. I must say I didn't like the people as much here at first. They were too friendly. In an uncomfortable way. But they loved God, they had passion for God. And I caught it along the way. Even though I used to skip church in KKMC, due to any number of reasons including my dad's objections, I began to go to church every Sunday in CCC. It's a strange thing - the encumbrances just disappeared.

As I grew there, I saw that CCC people are warm and kind, even though there are the disapproving looks that I sometimes feel. Where else would I rather be?

I wonder if Dr Khoo would be talking about his friend which he miraculously unhated today, or maybe about LJT, or about suddenly having an insatiable hunger for God's Word. Hahas. And what songs of worship would they be singing? And I wonder what they are having for refreshments!

Hmm. Too bad I have chicken pox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.