Saturday, July 05, 2008

My Death.

There are 2 ways that I think I will die of during times when I imagine my death:
1. By being hit by a car
2. By bursting a blood vessel in my brain.

I tend to think of the second one when I get migraines. I have a migraine now. Ms Tan, my Primary 3 form teacher had migraines too. She died of an aneurysm.

Don't you sometimes wonder who will be at your funeral? Hopefully mine will be a Christian one even though I would be too dead to stop my dad from holding a Taoist Buddhist Whatever-the-crap-he-believes-in one.

I would request for a closed coffin because I always hated looking at dead people's faces. They don't even look like themselves! What is the comfort in reaffirming that your loved one is very very much dead - and fugly dead at that?

Anyways, the question was who will be there? I can imagine The Gang. Definitely Pamela. Perhaps some OG friends. Then maybe some classmates. Would people fly back from overseas?

What would my eulogy sound like? "An average joe who lived his life and loved his friends. He likes everything loud and cult symbols like Macs, Vespas and Mini Coopers. Funny guy - actually not really. Well, we'll miss him!"

Just before I die, I will say something cool like "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". Then hopefully people will smile and remember me always as the weird awkward crazy guy.

I'd grow wings and watch my body being cremated as people watch on. My ashes will be scattered into the wind, hoping to bless each of my loved ones.

And they will miss me for a while, but realise that the world doesn't stop spinning. And they shouldn't stop tooo. Then they will forget me. But I would be happy for them. Content just to watch from afar.

And over time I will fade. When all has become blurry images in their minds. I will rest until I awaken again, and then, we will see each other again.

To love once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.