Sunday, January 25, 2009

I have been noticing some disturbing trends with regards to how my family relates to each other ever since I asked God to show me how I can be the change in my family.

The first thing that I notice is how negative we are towards each other. We like to criticise each other and say what thing each other is doing badly. And strangely, there was a weird morality in the air. Don't do that, that's wrong, etc. But really. Every one of us have our cranks but we don't seem to be able to correct ourselves.

There's also an impatience I feel. Like everything cannot wait, and everything gets on the nerves. An example was how my sister got very frustrated because she didn't get a taxi within 10 minutes after the reunion dinner.

Yen Chin told me to speak truth into their lives today as we were talking about my family and my dad. But I realised that it's more difficult than it seems. Simply because the view is so different from me and from any of them. Like how do I tell them to honour our parents because the bible says so when they don't even believe? It becomes sort of cyclic argument with no end. Argh.

I believe God will give me the wisdom to deal with what He has allowed me to see, I guess. I will watch and wait for the opportune time. And hopefully we would be more whole.. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.