Saturday, January 31, 2009

I got reminded tonight of what I was thinking when I was on the plane back home from Brisbane. I was going to tell something to someone when I got back. Up until now, some 2 months later, I haven't. I think I wouldn't anymore, given the current circumstances. I guess I don't have to either, since what I was going to say, she already knows. Now, that perhaps, is the more infuriating thing. The fact that she knew (but how?!)..

Not so long ago, my lovely piano teacher (Ms Goh, not Eunice) related a moral lesson to me whilst guilting me into practising for my exams. I believe I started the topic by asking her how much she earned in a month. It somehow turned to why she didn't want to start taking private students and leave the school for good for greener pastures.

She gave the anecdote of being the third party in a relationship. She said that she didn't want to be the third party between the school and the student, like how one becomes a third party between a couple. She said that if a couple breaks up because you exist, it's because of you. If you never interfered, they would never have broken up. So don't even get involved. In the same way, she didn't want to take students away from the school. It was simply against her code.

It somehow made sense for me today. Hmm. Is it piano playing overload? Hahas..

Well, what all these really means is that I'm going to have a lot more space in my brain to think about other things. Starting with finding a job. Then getting my playing right. Then changing this hideous blog skin. Then getting my driver's license so I can driveee. Hm.. I think that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.