Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spirited Away.

I finally watched Spirited Away today! It was a sudden urge brought on by listening to One Summer's Day.

I can't decide whether I like the story though.. I was reminded of Xiao Qian. A little girl named Sen is spirited away to the nether world where a witch rules over a bathhouse and she manages to survive and eventually escape thanks to Haku. It's a lovely tale, but did not have any particular emphasis on anything, which is strange for a Japanese movie. Normally J-dramas or movies would have a very strong overarching theme. Think Pride, or Long Vacation, etc etc. In fact, I think that's what makes J-dramas better than the sobby Korean dramas.

I loved the music, of course! And ultimately it was really quite a feel good movie. Well, that took up my tutorial-doing time, and that's why I am still awake here, trying to absorb my Financial Accounting notes =S Hopefully I can get everything done by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.