Monday, October 27, 2008

22

You know, I realised I've never really asked myself what I liked. I probably did that a long time ago making a list of likes and dislikes, but most of the time, I was more concerned with observing what others liked or disliked.

So since I've had so much time here, I think it's a good time to consolidate my thoughts and figure out what kind of things I like. That probably sounds weird because people are supposed to know what they like, but hey, I never really did take a step back to look at it. So here's my chance!

Likes.

1) Kayaking. Not really the sprints but the recovery from sprints. I know that I have sucky strokes and I would never ever be near the fastest. It's really the rowing up part that gets to me. Because you can enjoy how the water touches your paddle and how you are just gliding along. Especially after an arduous row, you feel the ultimate sensation of relaxation from just paddling without really thinking with the trees going past. Wahhh.

2) Running. This is quite an unlikely one, considering the sweat it generates and how it makes me pant under my fats =/ But I realised that running can be quite addictive for me, especially because it burns lots and lots of fat! Hahas.. Just kidding! It's more about that feeling of accomplishment after running a certain distance and saying to yourself, "hey, I didn't know I could do that!"

3) Swimming. I've always liked this because just doing the laps allows my mind to wander. Kinda helps in Math too by counting laps. Hahas.. But I haven't really been swimming lately because I'm often too lazy to go to the pool. Hmmm.

4) Reading. Well, it's one of the best ways to pass time if you've got a good book in your hand, like what I have now. It's my 4th book already! Hopefully the stock doesn't run dry before the 22 days are over. Reading really helps too when all you want to do is get away from the people jumping up and down in your face. All I need is a room and a cup of water plus my book to occupy me for hours on end. Bliss!

5) Cycling. I can't say I absolutely love it yet, but I have been slowly modifying my MB to become a faster, lighter bike. Like part road, part trail. Hehs. And it's a good way to get to work. If I could then I would want to go everywhere in a bike. But the bloody trucks in Singapore have no respect for human life. Pfft. I'm looking to changing my seat and adding a small pouch under it. Then I'd be ready to take it somewhere further than Bishan. Hahas.

6) Going out with friends. I was going to say DotA, but I am not as hardcore as all the rest of the clique combined. In fact I probably don't like it much.. What I do like is the times we get to chill out or just go have a game or two. The bar sessions are quite fun too. Yeah. Pretty much any time out with friends is pretty good time.

7) Talking. I realised that I get to sort things out better when I start talking. It's almost like I can't really think without talking. Hmm.. But as people would know, I generally am not someone who talks a lot. I wonder why...

Dislikes.

Hmmm.. I can't think of anything specific actually. Individual people, yes, but no traits or things to speak of. Pickles, perhaps?

Well, I think that's that. Gee. That makes my life kinda 2 dimensional doesn't it? Oh wells. I guess that's just me. =P


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.