Sunday, July 15, 2007

Vivo, Tiong Bahru Plaza, Paradiz Centre, Tiong Bahru Plaza.

Woot! I finally got to go out today! Guess where I went? No prize, I'm afraid =P

The plan was initially to tan my white ass off in Sentosa together with Tan Long and Enqing, since we were all bored stiff from the long break we have after ______. Needless to say, the plan failed like all plans must do in some level, mainly because the Fire-golden Fruit of Laurelin refused to penetrate the pesky clouds. Urgh.

With the tanning session struck off the list, and with Tan Long dead keen on his 'double bill', we checked out the cinema for tickets to Transformers and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. As luck would have it, all the tickets to either movie were selling fast in VivoCity. Don't you just hate people who go watching movies as a class and who book the tickets way in advance? Like hey, leave some space for the poor NSFs who have no other entertainment during weekends!

Disappointed, we decided to head to Tiong Bahru Plaza since it seemed to be the only place not taken over by hoards of movie-ticket-snatching folks. That's not before we (or maybe just me) shopped all over VivoCity for a top to keep my singlet-clad body warm in the cinema later on.. And of course, there was the super-filling lunch...

Carnivore was pretty much as the name of the restaurant suggested. Heaps and heaps of meat in the forms of beef rumps, fish, lamb, bbq chicken were piled on our plates by native Brazilians probably hired just to show that the place was Brazilian. The food was good, of course, though hard and sometimes smoky tasting. Don't order the Capiranha though.. I hated it. Lime is just not my cup of cocktail! Oh, I forgot to mention that it was a buffet, so naturally, I was filled to the top with food at the brink of barfing.

Shopping was disappointing. I can't believe there's nothing in Vivo to that fits what I wanted to get! I did see the tee I wanted to buy for Jamie before she went to Australia at 37 degrees though.. Too bad they had no M size. L is too large. Pity pity!

At the incessant complaints of Tan Long to leave, I finally gave up trying to find something and we all went to Tiong Bahru by means of the MRT. That's rare I tell you! Tan Long cabs like he owns ComfortDelgro. =P

Anyway, so we did manage to watch Harry Potter in the end. After finally out that Transformers was totally sold out of course. That's also after being told that the air-conditioner in the cinema was down. Like why in the world did it have to be down when we wanted to watch a movie? Go find someone else's movie outing to ruin! Thank God we went ahead with the "super hot and stuffy" option the ticket-stub-collector gave us. It wasn't that stuffy after all..

HP was wonderful. Marvellous. Fantabulous. The best movie of all the HP movies yet, I say. Truly, David Yates directed well, and there was good action on the part of Dumbledore vs Voldemort. Man, can't wait to get my hands on the books and to read them again! It's so exciting!

I should think that Sirius Black and Dumbledore would come back to life, but Harry Potter dies in the end of Deathly Hallows. Else, it would be too anti-climatic for the legendary Harry to become a normal Auror in a peaceful world. There needs to be some darkness left in the world for us to see the light! We shall see on July 21st! The net would burst with spoilers I guess..

Alrighty. I've said enough. Till another time.. take care, and stay cheery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.