Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rocky Hill Mess'ers on Comms Ball Recce!

Rocky Hill Mess'ers went out on a recce for Circwood's Commissioning Ball yesterday!

It was a pain in the arse, I tell you. You would think that since hotels are open 24/7, their Catering and Sales would be available too, but no!! We paid painfully for our mistake of not making appointments beforehand.

"You'd have to make an appointment with our Catering & Sales," is what most of the receptionists can say. ARGH!

And so we got little work done. We did manage to see the place, and we did manage to get some quotations, but nothing fully customised to our situation and what we want.

So anyways, this is the chronological story...

We first made our happy way to Raffles Marina in the morning after we have met at Boon Lay Station. We turned out to be too early because non of the sales people were there, and there was no one to show us around.

Having nothing to do, we decided to check out the outside.
Beautiful! All these photos, I might add, is taken non other by Zhimin!!

Wah. He really has quite an eye for things. I'm not showing all the photographs because there ain't space. I'm only showing photos with me in them! Muahahahas!!

Anyway, we loved the scene with the yachts parked outside, and the view was breath-taking. We all thought "this is it!" Soon enough, our little Circwood bodies couldn't take the immense heat of non-air-conditioned weather, so we had to adjourn inside to find more things to do while we waited for the people to arrive.

We found this small bowling alley in the club and went bowling!
Now, that's The Silmarillion I'm holdin in that 2nd photograph. I'm proud to say that I have finished it for the second time! Ahh, and you can see Zhimin telling you to kill pop stars, and Wen Tian in the first photograph. That's BJ at the back, and Jeremy in front in the second photograph.. Jeremy is not a much of a bowler. Neither am I, actually.. I ended the game with a sucky 49 points. WTF!

Raffles Marina turned out to be a disappointment in the end because the ballroom didn't fit what we had in mind. The location was quite an issue too, because it was far away from any place in Singapore. OUT!

Next, we went to check out Equinox. Unfortunately, we did not make an appointment, so they turned us down right at the entrance. What great service =) Jeremy is still keen on that place though. I think otherwise.

Then we went to Fullerton!
The receptionist was kind enough to show us the Ballroom and the Straits room after we explained our predicament, and gave us several catalogues and told us that we could contain Sales if we needed more customisation. Excellent service. No wonder it's a six star hotel man!

I personally liked the location and the place, but was quite against holding Comms Ball there because I had prom there! Its perks are really enticing though..

From their catalogue, there was something about complimentary limousine service. I suspect it is only for weddings though.. who would want to ferry 44 couples for free? That's a lot of petrol okae!

But Fullerton is definitely one of the top choices =)

We went then to Raffles Hotel...

I loved the architecture of the place, and the fact that it is reminiscent of the Circwood building. This way we would have some sort of a link between Comms Ball and our course you see.

Unfortunately we didn't manage to get much information from the receptionist. Hmm. We did take the opportunity to plan quite a bit of our general programme though..

Believe me, Comms Ball will be a blast! Now who wants to be my date? Hahas

Anyways, Raffles Hotel is BIG. The ballroom was cosy and grand with chandeliers and all. Very colonial, I say. It's my top choice. =P Pricing is quite steep though.. We'd have to work on that won't we!

Raffles more or less ended our recce, the time being late then, and we all had places to go and people to meet.

I went on to buy my camera with Chee Wee, Julian and Wen Tian! Chee Wee intends to buy the very same camera because he figured that it's a very zai and professional camera. =)

Did I say that I bought my camera?! HOHOHO! Yeah baby~ The Panasonic DMC-FZ8 is mine! My precious!!

Here's the FZ8..
Chio right? I've been playing with it all day. OMG. The quality is super good. The weight is surprisingly light too.. It also has a function to tell you the exposure at the shutter speed and aperture you set so you don't get underexposed or overexposed photographs.

I love the fact that I can manual focus now. Hahas. Sheesh. I'm hysterical!

You are going to see a lot more photographs on the blog man.

Alrighty! I should get back to my work. Til next week! Take care!

P.S.: To those who think they are falling sick, or fell sick, must take care of your health! Youth is not immortality leh! A lot of people getting sick lately. Don't let me worry okae? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.