Saturday, February 24, 2007

When God Speaks

While at Youth Group this afternoon, Chee Keen shared on 1 Samuel 3 ...

God speaks to us through
- His Word,
- Clear audible voice,
- Prophetic words,
- People

When God Speaks, we might be UNAWARE of it initially, but later learn to know Him through the instruction and help of leaders and through the gradual deeper knowledge of the Word. We must be willing to listen and be unafraid and sensitive to His spirit.

What God says to us might make us feel UNEASY at times. In the case of Samuel, he was faced with the dilemma of delivering negative news regarding Eli's descendants to him. We are to know that we are given the authority to speak those words unto others when God gives us the Word if it is for edification, rebuking or correction.

Even when God's message does not appeal to us, we should not be UNREACTIVE to God when He speaks but be humble and obey God's Word. In Eli's case, he had a "let it be" attitude toward God's warning which caused judgment to be passed down. If he had interceded for his sons, perhaps they would have been spared through God's mercy.

The story of Samuel also teaches us that we should not discount God on how He can speak to us.

-

What was really interesting to me was when Joanna shared the testimony of what God has been doing in her life. She basically said something that was in my heart for a long time.

The realisation that there would be no one in the world who would know me fully except God, and the heartbreak of the knowledge that there would be no one to know me fully previously.

The desperate search for someone to understand me fully made me blog. (hahas!) And when I thought I really did find some soulmate to know me, I was made to realise that I was sadly mistaken.

What a perfect example of God speaking to me through other people! Just a moment after the sharing God showed me the truth of the message. Hahas.. Amazing!

Can't wait to hear more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.