Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Google Puts the Emphasis on Location in Search

It seems like everyone is moving towards location-based services. I just signed up with foursquare and started checking in in various places. It's quite cool to just go into my iPhone and check out the comments that people had about places that they have been to, or about what food to eat where you're at. Of course, I think I mentioned Facebook Places quite a while back. This is definitely the way to go as more and more people start having smartphones and get their information on the go.

I guess it's only natural that Google is jumping on the bandwagon. Google now tailors searches by finding out where you are and showing searches that are more relevant to where you're at. Great stuff!

via Mashable: Google Puts the Emphasis on Location in Search

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.