Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Determined!

Never let anyone allow you to do any less than you can achieve.

That is what I have learnt through my short stay here at OCS. The whole of Foxtrot Wing has just left the Wing line for their 23 km route march. 4 SISPEC crossovers followed along, the other 23 of us stayed behind, lured by the temptation of rest and procrastination.

Have you watched Ghost Rider? This is the feeling you get when you realise that you have sold your soul to the devil unknowingly. It felt all wrong at the start, but what Tan Long said to me made total sense. Why be so upset when you have it so good? I basically did nothing since coming here from SISPEC. Nothing significant, at least. It's not a matter about being cynical. That's an easy explanation to shut me up. It's really about not performing.

Why didn't I go for the route march? I chose not to. Why? Because I bought into the slacking and I believed that my miserly 28km march in SISPEC justifies my not doing everything in the world. I am fallen. That's why I've been feeling like crap all these days. It was my conscience speaking, and I didn't hear it until it was too late.

Tango Wing Comd spoke to us just now, and I've realised that what he said was very true. Instead of lamenting on my posting to Logs, I should excel in it and show that I am the best in what I do. That's precisely what I'm going to do. No more telling me what I can or cannot do. Because only I get to decide that!

We'll do it all; Everything; On our own; We don't need; Anything; Or anyone

Pro Term would be arduous. With my friends all busy with their own vocations and individual work and studies, it would be worse. But I know I am going to come out on top of it all. Overcoming adversity with courage, fortitude and determination.

I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.