Monday, November 06, 2006

HDB Hysteria

An article in primary school criticised the Singaporean creation of HDB apartment blocks as inhumane. The minute living spaces were seen as jail-like by the more land-abundant first world countries (think Europe's vast vineyards and America's Wyoming which has less that one person living in it per square mile); unfit for human consumption.

HDB flats were a novel creation, since replicated by Hong Kong, Shen Zhen, etc. Think about it.. Condominiums are really just more expensive flats with less space and an eternal lease to it until Vogons decides to build a Galactic Superhighway through it!

The then younger me who didn't know better blasted that article to smithereens with my mental ray, banishing to Suaneverland. Now I know.. the Brits were right.

Staying home and not talking to anyone for most of the day for days on end has taught me just how small my room is. I can't imagine how life would be like if I have to stay the rest of it in this five-room flat!! Coupled with my I-think-I-have-no-friends and My-life-is-pathetically-void-of excitement mentality, I am surprised that I am not dead or in need of Valium yet.

It's HORRIBLE. God. Who knew talking to people was so vital for Mr Suan's survival? I need to feel that my world is bigger than my room too. Maybe that's why I go out most of the time. There's this drive to be larger and to expand myself. HMM. Maybe that's why I was fat! Hahas.

The days without blogging were torturous too. With so many thoughts running around in my head, it was hard not being able to type them out. I know, they are the same thoughts over and over again, but forgive my angst! I must say, I am a lot less angsty than before, now without any fantasies of living happily ever after with someone I love while playing the piano in the background and my wife listening to my grouses.

I quit piano! Haix. See the destruction in people's lives and dreams National Service brings? There's no way I can start playing like Nobuo Uematsu any time soon, I think.

Indeed, these four walls around me offer little comfort, but shove the fact that I am little and tiny in the world in my face.

Ironically, the only way I can get out of this is by studying really hard and becoming successful enough to knock off one of the wall for a bigger room, but here I am blogging. Hahas.. (sense the subtle use of irony? Guy who guesses it right gets a prize! I don't mean the obvious one hor..)

Well, well, its time I got back to A Levels Mathematics Paper 2 9233/2 2002............

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.