Sunday, May 02, 2010

Jerry Maguire

I came across my VCD of Jerry Maguire yesterday and watched it for yet another time.

You know what? I wasn't bowled over by the speech made by Jerry about Dorothy completing him anymore. I used to think that that was the best scene in the movie, but I realised that it was this scene that captured me the most:

When they went out for their first date.

And I noticed very different things too. I could understand what Jerry was thinking when Rod Tidwell won. How he suddenly felt so alone without Dorothy to share the joy.

And I suddenly realise why Jerry Maguire is such a great movie even now. Because love makes people believe in themselves, believe in things greater than themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.