Monday, February 23, 2009

Ahh.. Finally some time to sit in front of my iBook to type out a proper entry. I wish I had hot chocolate right in front of me now and Frank Sinatra playing behind me. The ambience is just right though, thanks to my orange IKEA lamp shining down, giving a nice glow to everything.

Work is becoming more fulfilling. It feels great to be in a line where you actually help people. And it really feels like the frontline because we are actually doing what the newspaper is reporting. Heard about SPUR? Jobs Credit Scheme? SPRING assisted loans? That's what we are doing. So exciting!

Of course, there are down sides. Like the fact that I no longer have time to go out with friends except for weekends. That's not to say that I have friends to go out with on weekdays. It's just that the choice is gone, and that piffs me. Hahas..

I'm also not able to spend more time on my computer doing mindless things like catching mice. Or tagging myself. =/

In many ways, I feel that life has been simplified - wake, work, home, sleep. And weekends are more or less confined to worship practises and church services. In this time, I feel that I have grown closer to God. And I am really beginning to see that if I had stopped trying to do things my own way earlier, it would have been so much easier, and saved so much pain. I am of course, talking about the-thing-I-constantly-talk-about-but-never-mention. Hahas.. I guess I am really REALLY out of the long tunnel. Pity, yes. But it's the best thing. And better things are yet to come.

For the first time in my life, I played the keyboard for one whole worship. There were a lot a lot of mistakes. But it seems like no one heard them. Chee Keen is right in saying that I can't believe that I can play well. That's just something that I have to get over in time, I guess. Hopefully in time for exams.

I have to learn to love myself more. Hahas..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.