Wednesday, February 02, 2011

除夕。

Yesterday was Chinese New Year's Eve, and possibly the first one that I spent away from my family. Over here at Maastricht, we decided to do a little bit to celebrate Chinese New Year by making yusheng and steamboat for dinner.

Today was Residence Permit day, so we set out to Bonnefantenstraat 2 to make that. Managed to skype my sister and my grandmother a little bit in the morning, but the time difference really sucks such that there is very little overlap between my waking hours and theirs. And when it's evening in Singapore, it's the time when we are out settling things and running errands. =S

Anyways, today turned out to be quite horrible for me. I never knew it would be so difficult to deal with people in exchange. And these are people whom you cannot run away from. There is no returning home at the end of the day to cool things off because we are facing each other everyday. I have been trying my best help out and all, but I guess everyone sees things a little differently bah. It feels like we are already splitting into cliques so early into exchange, and that feels sucky.

Ahs. Life is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
This blog is best viewed in Firefox 3.6 with 1024x768 screen resolution.